I don't think that's your problem, I think it's a problem on our server. I've filed a bug on this to have engineering take a look.
I'd suggest also fixing this in the app catalog program. When an app can't be installed it should print some error message like "Installation failed because of a checksum error, please contact Palm". The current behavior is this:
1. User clicks on "Install".
2. The app is downloaded
3. The status says "Installing"
4. A notification says that the app was installed.
5. Status stays at "installing" forever.
6. App icon is created but is marked as still downloading.
7. User cant start the app, user cant reinstall it, user has first to delete the incomplete app to be able to try again.
This behavior is absolutely unacceptable. I got MANY zero-star reviews because of this because the people don't understand that this is a server problem and not a badly written application with a buggy installation routine.
The homebrew installer "Preware" handles this much more gracefully. It displays an error message and even provides the user with the actual IPKG output from the installation log. This isn't really helpful for normal users but if these users can at least forward such error messages to the app author then the app author can see what's going on.