Wow, just wow! Everything is SOLD OUT. WebOS gains hundreds of thousand new users practically overnight. Many of them will LOVE it and they'll buy new webOS HW once HP finds their HW partner(s).
Not bad HP, not bad!
Guys, this isn't the end. It's only the beginning.
This is a joke?! Really sold out? Why?
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Best Buy Canada (Sold Out)
* FutureShop (owned by BBY) (Sold Out)
Forum thread on Slickdeals had more than 1 mil views in 5 hours - people were buying 3-5 TPs, some of them even 20 or more. HP promo starts (officially) today, but as you can see everything is pretty much sold out.
BestBuy's still sitting on 200+k TPs and says they won't pricematch, but I think they will eventually. I don't know how many were sold over night, but my guess is ... more than 300k. Much much more actually. And there's plenty more... Hope they will sell 1 mil (at least) this weekend. ;)
So they went from maybe 70k user base to hundreds of thousands in like 24 hours. Much better place to be if you're talking with potential HW partners.