[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: app catalog review process
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:23 pm 

How long should we expect to wait until we get email confirmation that an app we submit to catalog.ecommerce.beta@palm.com is being reviewed/accepted/rejected?
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: app catalog review process
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 pm 

Given the timeline involved, if you haven't heard from them yet, I expect that you probably won't until after the catalog with commerce goes live.

nasplrex.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:56 pm 

I understand that Palm is busy, but how much effort would it take to at least respond with "Your submission is important to us. All our reviewers are busy right now, but your submission will be reviewed in the order it was received." Or perhaps even something more helpful...

If my app is crap and you don't want it, let me know - I can move on to something else. If is only somewhat crappy, and you might want it after you get done with apps that are decidedly uncrap, let me know - I can wait in line.

Not receiving any response is frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

You're correct -- you should have gotten notified. I understand your frustration (and sympathize).

We got more applications than we could handle well, which is a good problem to have. Unfortunately, it means we dropped some things on the floor, and that's bad, but with the impending "stuff" that's coming, this is all going to get a lot easier for everyone and a lot more transparent.

If you didn't get a response in a timely manner, let me apologize to you. We should have done a better job on this, and I apologize for this. I'm working with the people I work with on this to try to make sure we do a better job of this moving forward. Good news is we've hired some people -- one's started, one starts next week, and the third starts the week after that, and that'll give us some great people and some new resources to make sure this gets fixed and works properly.

chuq

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm 

Chuq,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the same boat and it's been almost one week since I officially submitted my trial and full app and so far I have not had a response back. I certainly appreciate that Palm is busy and I truly hope that I get some response very soon :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 am 

Chuq,

I'll echo DaveinFL's thanks for the response. I appreciate the fact that this is a work in progress, and applaud your efforts to improve the process.

For those of us who submitted an app, and have not yet had a response from Palm, do you suggest that we just sit tight? Or should the app be resubmitted when your new process is in place?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

yes, please. Sitting tight would be appreciated. There's a lot of stuff in process, and once we get through this push, a lot will become clearer to everyone and we'll be able to find out what we missed and get those things back on track.

this week is incredibly busy, so I really can't go looking at individual status on things. Next week I'll be on the road in SoCal, but will be working and can hopefully start catching up on this stuff for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am 

Yeah I never got a response either. I sent my original email on 9/5 and a followup email on 9/10. It would be nice to get some kind of response, even if it was an email indicating that they will not be able to review my app during the beta program.

It's kind of scaring me to start working on another project because what if I put weeks or months of my time into the project, submit it, and never hear back from them.

Twitter: @Hedami

[ 8 posts ]